Popular Posts

Thursday, May 24, 2007

Today's Verse : Psalm 108:3‎




VERSE:

I will praise you, O LORD, among the nations; I will sing of you among the peoples. -- Psalm 108:3

THOUGHT:

Songs go where evangelism, witnessing, and planned outreachsometimes cannot go. Songs tell a story, offer praise, and delivertruth in a package that opens the heart and stirs the emotions.Songs give life to the soul and stir something primal, buried deepinside by God. When you are around friends you are trying to reachwith the Gospel, listen for the kind of music they like. Then whenthe time is right, point them to songs that share the message ofthe Gospel with a melody and beat that can stir their hearts.

Godwants us to praise him, not just in our sanctuaries and churches,but with our friends and across cultures. He wants us to sing inways that help other people know the "heart song" of our Redeemer'slove.


PRAYER:

Almighty God and righteous Father, thank you so much for thegift of song. Thank you for lyricists that capture the mood of ourhearts and the word of your grace and help move others closer tofaith. Please bless all those involved in bringing Christian songsto the public and making your Word more understandable to themasses. Empower singing in your Church, and help us to sing of yoursalvation in ways that reach all peoples on the earth. In Jesus'name I pray. Amen.


A PRAYER FOR A SPIRIT OF SHARINGG

Racious God, you have flooded my life with fullness as vast as a field of wheat stretching to the horizon. Because life comes at me fast, and sometimes with ferocity, it is easy for me to forget the blessings you give with such liberality. Then when I see someone else’s need, I am suddenly aware again of the abundance in my own life. When I have such a moment of recognition, O God, help me realize that I may be the blessing you have brought to that person’s life. Give me courage to respond to them with love. Amen.

1 comment:

Hardin Monie said...

you have a beautiful blog here

and

You are a special person